Frequently Asked Questions
Purchase & Delivery of Precious Metals
How do I purchase precious metals from Paradigm Gold Group?
- The process is quite simple; here is the 3 step process of purchasing precious metals from Paradigm Gold Group:
- Call Paradigm Gold Group at (800) 932-8052 to speak with one of our Precious Metals Specialist about your financial goals and how you can secure your assets with physical precious metals. You can also ask any immediate questions, request our FREE Guide to Owning Gold and Silver, or request a no-cost portfolio analysis to assist in finding where precious metals might best compliment your portfolio.
- Complete our Shipping and Account Agreement and choose your first purchases.
- Confirm your selections and form of payment with your Gold Specialist.
Am I buying actual precious metals or stocks?
- You are buying actual physical precious metals that can be delivered to you or stored at a Paradigm Gold Group trusted and insured third-party storage facility.
Can I take possession of my precious metals?
- Yes. For mostly all of our metals, Paradigm Gold Group clients have the option of either taking direct delivery or storing their purchases at an insured third-party storage facility. If you choose to take direct delivery, upon the confirmation of funds constituting full payment of the purchase price, Paradigm Gold Group will ship Customer’s purchase within 5-21 business days. For payments by check, shipment will be executed within twenty-nine (29) business days after a check has been received, processed and cleared. PGG will deliver purchased metals to Customer through insured United States Postal Service (USPS) Registered Mail or FedEx.
Can I store my precious metals if I don’t want to take direct delivery?
- Yes. Your PGG Gold Specialist can provide additional information on our insured, third-party storage options.
When will I receive my order?
- Upon receipt of the agreed on funds resulting in full payment of the agreed upon purchase price, Paradigm Gold Group will ship the precious metals within 5-21 business days, usually within five days. For payments by check, shipment will be made within twenty-nine (29) business days after a check has been received, processed and cleared. PGG will ship purchased items through insured United States Postal Service (USPS) Registered Mail or FedEx.
What is the refund/cancellation policy of Paradigm Gold Group?
- Refund and cancellation policies can be found in our Shipping and Account Agreement.
Pricing of Precious Metals
Can you explain the “Spread” on a coin or bar?
- People are familiar with ask and bid prices when purchasing stock, precious metals is very much the same. The spread on a coin or bar refers to the difference between its buy and sell price. For example, if a coin’s ask price is $1800 and its bid price is $1260, the spread is $540 or 30%. The spread on a coin or bar is different from a markup.
How much of my investment portfolio should I allocate to precious metals?
- It is recommend having 5% to 20% of your total investment portfolio held in physical precious metals. Each investor must make his/her decision based on their individual financial goals and comfort level with the current market conditions.
How long should I plan to hold my precious metals investment?
- Investments in precious metals should be looked at from a long-term investment perspective. Market conditions may dictate longer or shorter holding periods but we recommend to our clients that they hold onto their precious metals for a minimum of 3 to 5 years or longer to maximize the best possible profit potential. Please visit or Diversification Tool section of our website for more information, or call (877) 987-4077 to speak with one of our precious metals specialists for assistance.
What factors affect the price of gold coins?
- There are five main factors that affect the price of gold:
- US Dollar Value
- Geopolitical Conditions
- Supply and Demand for Precious Metals
- Global Economic Instability
- World Gold Production
Do I need to provide my Social Security Number (SSN) when I purchase precious metals coins/bars?
- No. Paradigm Gold Group will only require your Social Security Number when assisting to set up an IRA account.
Can my gold coins be confiscated by the government?
- At PGG we cannot guarantee that precious metals are exempt from confiscation by the government. Historically, gold coins with a “recognized special value to collectors of rare and unusual coins,” were exempt in the Gold Confiscation Act of 1933. Today, experts agree that pre-1933 gold coins are considered non-confiscatable by the government and bullion coins are considered the most vulnerable to confiscation.