IRA/401K Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add precious metals to my 401(K) or IRA?
- Yes. Many Paradigm Gold Group clients choose to include precious metals in their retirement account by electing to initiate a precious metals IRA. 401(K), 403(B), and other retirement accounts may also be eligible for rollover. For more information, visit IRA- Transfer Process section of our website, or call (800) 932-8052 to speak with a Paradigm Gold Group Gold Associate for assistance.
How long does the process take to roll over an existing IRA to a Precious Metals IRA?
- As each client’s situation is unique and the exact amount of time it takes to roll over an account varies, 2 weeks to complete the entire process is most common.
Who will be my new Precious Metals IRA custodian?
- PGG recommends Sterling Trust Company (http://www.sterling-trust.com/ )to be your new Precious Metals IRA custodian. In our experience, ST Company has provided stellar service to our clients, and is believed to be the leading custodian for Precious Metals IRAs in the U.S.
Which metals can I keep in my Precious Metals IRA?
- IRS approved metals are permitted to be held in your Precious Metals IRA. Please visit our IRA- Permissible Metals section of our website to learn which metals are allowable, or call (888) 987-4077 to speak with a Paradigm Gold Group Gold Associate for assistance.
Am I buying actual precious metals or stocks?
- You are buying actual physical precious metals that can be stored at a Paradigm Gold Group trusted and insured third-party storage facility until you reach the age of 59 ½.
Can I take possession of my precious metals when I roll over my 401k/IRA?
- Yes and no. Just as your current retirement account assets (IRA/401k/403b) you are unable to be take a distribution without penalty until you are of the age of 59 ½. Until that time, your metals will be stored at an insured third-party storage facility; PGG recommends The Delaware Depository for your metals storage (http://www.delawaredepository.com/). The DDSC provides precious metals custody and distribution services and carries a multibillion dollar insurance policy with Lloyds of London for the protection of your tangible retirement assets.
You will have the ability to monitor your asset holdings at any time using an online account, you will be issued quarterly statements by your custodian, and PGG can also assist in reallocating your holdings within your IRA account without penalty or tax consequences.
If you are over the age of 59 ½, you are able to take physical possession without penalty.
You can either choose to liquidate your metals and receive a check, or the metals can be shipped directly to your door!
How long should I plan to hold my precious metals investment?
- Investments in precious metals should be looked at from a long-term investment perspective. Market conditions may dictate longer or shorter holding periods but we recommend to our clients that they hold onto their precious metals for a minimum of 3 to 5 years or longer to maximize the best possible profit potential.